Subscribe to ‘06880’ in a reader
Please support “06880” — thanks!
SEARCH THE “06880” ARCHIVES
06880+Community bulletin board: post your event, ask a question, lost-and-found -- anything! Just click on: 06880+
- Menu Moments: What To Eat At The Duck
- Unsung Heroes #107
- Irving Berlin: Playhouse Production Is Nostalgic, Educational — And Very Relevant
- Grizzly David Stalling
- Pics Of The Day #820
- High (And Low) Watermarks
- Emily Stone: An Athlete With A GOAL
- Pics Of The Day #819
- Fine Arts Festival: Calling All Kids (And Adults)!
- “06880” Blog Party Is Thursday!
Bored? Wander through ‘06880’
- Friday Flashback
- Local business
- Local politics
- Looking back
- Photo Challenge
- Pic of the Day
- Real estate
- Staples HS
- Street Spotlight
- Totally random
- Unsung Heroes
- Westport Country Playhouse
- Westport life
DISCLAIMERThis blog is personal opinion, and is not representative of the views of the Westport School District or Board of Education.
Tag Archives: Brooks Corner
From one angle, this looks like a very bad (and aggressive) parking job by the Jaguar. After all, why would the Nissan come so close — particularly on the driver’s side — to a car that was already there?
But take a look at this 2nd photo:
Maybe the Nissan driver pulled in after the Jaguar — and tried to send a message about parking in a crosswalk space.
If you’re the driver of either vehicle, click “Comments” to explain.
Though I won’t hold my breath.
If you had a tough time finding a parking spot downtown today, there are 2 reasons why:
- It was the 1st day of Sidewalk Sales. Shoppers swarmed outdoor tables, looking for bargains.
- The always-packed Brooks Corner lot was closed.
The only plausible reason for 2) above is 1).
But that makes no sense — unless the owner of the lot feared that, Westport drivers being who they are, they would carelessly plow into all those shoppers in front of Brooks Corner stores.
But — surprise! — there were fewer shoppers there than anywhere else on Main Street.
Can anyone guess why?
(Hat tip to Sheila Flinn for the story idea and photo.)