Subscribe to ‘06880’ in a reader
Please support “06880” — thanks!
SEARCH THE “06880” ARCHIVES
- Sal liccione on New Beach Concessionaire Ready For Approval
- Joan Tricarico on New Beach Concessionaire Ready For Approval
- Cristina Negrin on New Beach Concessionaire Ready For Approval
- Fred Roberts on New Beach Concessionaire Ready For Approval
- Arline Gertzoff on New Beach Concessionaire Ready For Approval
- New Beach Concessionaire Ready For Approval
- Catering With Grace In A Crisis
- Pic Of The Day #1078
- Ari Edelson: Coming Out Of A 2-Week COVID Battle
- COVID-19 Roundup: Small Businesses And Loans; Face Masks; Realtors; $1200 Checks; Good Deeds; Podcasts; More
- Senior Center Offers Online Classes
- David Pogue Zooms In On Westport
- #WestportConnected: What A Way To Start The Week!
- Unable To Mourn: A Cemetery Confronts The Coronavirus
- Pic Of The Day #1077
Bored? Wander through ‘06880’
- Friday Flashback
- Local business
- Local politics
- Looking back
- Photo Challenge
- Pic of the Day
- Real estate
- Staples HS
- Street Spotlight
- Totally random
- Unsung Heroes
- Westport Country Playhouse
- Westport life
DISCLAIMERThis blog is personal opinion, and is not representative of the views of the Westport School District or Board of Education.
Tag Archives: Sherwood Island State Park
I’ve lived in Westport my whole life.
I know Routes 1, 33, 53 and 136. Of course I know I-95, and I know the Merritt Parkway is officially called Route 15. (I gave up on News12 once when a reporter called it that.)
But I never had a clue that the Sherwood Island Connector is an official state route.
Yep: It’s 476.
That’s one amazing factoid I learned from Patrick Laffaye. I also was impressed with the 2 images he supplied for last week’s Photo Challenge. They show dirt roads, and an impossibly overgrown path (with signs pointing in opposite directions).
All were taken at Sherwood Island State Park. (Click here for the photos.)
Very impressively, Brian Stern posted the right answer just 2 minutes after it went live. (He did not, however, mention Route 476.)
Nor did Diane Bosch, Jalna Jaeger and René Fontaine, when they checked in with the correct answer.
But Wendy Cusick knew that arcane Route 476 fact. Well done!
This week’s Photo Challenge is from the other end of town (duh). But where in Saugatuck is it? If you know, click “Comments” below.