Please support “06880” — thanks!
Click here to help support “06880” via credit card or PayPal. Any amount is welcome — and appreciated! Reader contributions keep this blog going. (Alternate methods: Please send a check to: Dan Woog, 301 Post Road East, Westport, CT 06880. Or use Venmo: @DanWoog06880. Or Zelle: email@example.com. Thanks!)
SUBSCRIBE TO '06880' BY EMAIL -- IT'S FREE!
SEARCH THE “06880” ARCHIVES
- Dan Woog on Book It! A Remarkable Local Market Story.
- Erika Chern on Book It! A Remarkable Local Market Story.
- Robin Marcino on Pic Of The Day #1691
- Peter Blau on Stephen Sondheim’s Westport Years: Helping Lee Strasberg, Cleaning Latrines
- Jack Backiel on Stephen Sondheim’s Westport Years: Helping Lee Strasberg, Cleaning Latrines
- Roundup: Holiday Stroll, Kids’ Vaccine, Larry Aasen …
- Book It! A Remarkable Local Market Story.
- Pic Of The Day #1691
- Roundup: More Mitzvahs, Heating Help, Gaby Gonzalez …
- 0*6*Art*Art*0 — Week 87 Gallery
- Stephen Sondheim’s Westport Years: Helping Lee Strasberg, Cleaning Latrines
- Pic Of The Day #1690
- Let There Be Lights!
- Tooker’s COVID Update: Continued Vigilance Needed
- Friday Flashback #273
Bored? Wander through ‘06880’
- Friday Flashback
- Local business
- Local politics
- Looking back
- Photo Challenge
- Pic of the Day
- Question Box
- Real estate
- Staples HS
- Street Spotlight
- Totally random
- Unsung Heroes
- Westport Country Playhouse
- Westport life
DISCLAIMERThis blog is personal opinion, and is not representative of the views of the Westport School District or Board of Education.
Tag Archives: Sasco Creek
Water, reeds and trees. That describes a lot of places in Westport.
Perhaps Gray’s Creek. Maybe Lee’s Dam. Or plenty of other spots in town.
Dick Lowenstein’s could-be-anywhere Photo Challenge last week was identified correctly by only one reader. Fred Cantor knew it was Sasco Creek, on the Westport/Fairfield border (Westway Road, to be exact).
Congratulations, Fred. And for the rest of you in 06880: His answer came from all the way in Laguna Niguel, California.
Perhaps someone in Westport will know the answer to this week’s Photo Challenge. If you — or anyone else, anywhere — does, click “Comments” below.
Last week’s photo challenge was like Goldilocks.
It was not too easy. Not too hard. It was just right.
There was a great balance between right answers, and wrong.
The wrong guesses went in every direction. Seth Schachter’s waterfall photo showed not Lees Pond. Not Nash’s Pond. Not Devil’s Den.
It was Bulkley Pond. That’s by Sasco Mill, on the Westport/Southport border. It’s right behind Shake Shack. And — sssshhh! — there’s a cute little parking area, for your enjoyment.
Andrew Colabella, Billy Scalzi, Joyce Losen and Katie Augustyn knew exactly where that hidden-in-plain-sight site was. Click here for the photo, and all the comments.
This week’s photo challenge is a lot uglier. But — like the 3 Bears — it takes all kinds to make up Westport.
If you know where in Westport to find this, click “Comments” below.