Please support “06880” — thanks!
SUBSCRIBE TO '06880' BY EMAIL -- IT'S FREE!
Subscribe to ‘06880’ in a reader
SEARCH THE “06880” ARCHIVES
- Jo Shields Sherman on Roundup: Outdoor Dining, P&Z Records, Food Drive …
- Clark Thiemann on COVID Update
- CARYL BEATUS on [UPDATE] Friday Flashback #234
- Peter Barlow on Pic Of The Day #1418
- Wendy Cusick on [UPDATE] Friday Flashback #234
- Pic Of The Day #1418
- COVID Update
- [UPDATE] Friday Flashback #234
- Roundup: Beach Stickers, Rizzuto’s Igloos, Blue Light …
- RTM March Meeting: Sidewalks And Schools
- “Food In Literature”: Staples’ Most Tasteful Course
- Pic Of The Day #1417
- COVID Vaccine, Restriction Rollback Update:
- Roundup: Vaccine, Joe Duffy, Wheels2U …
- Ian O’Malley: Hear, Hear!
Bored? Wander through ‘06880’
- Friday Flashback
- Local business
- Local politics
- Looking back
- Photo Challenge
- Pic of the Day
- Real estate
- Staples HS
- Street Spotlight
- Totally random
- Unsung Heroes
- Westport Country Playhouse
- Westport life
DISCLAIMERThis blog is personal opinion, and is not representative of the views of the Westport School District or Board of Education.
Tag Archives: Library riverwalk
Last week’s Photo Challenge showed a spot not far from downtown that most Westporters have never gone.
Though it’s a place everyone should see.
Sandy Rothernberg’s image was of the point at the Riverwalk path behind the Levitt Pavilion where Deadman Brook flows into the Saugatuck River.
It’s beautiful, serene — and open to the public. You’ll get a different perspective there of the water, and our town’s relation to it.
Since the Levitt renovation, the path now winds all the way around — from the library to the Imperial parking lot side. Midway there, you’ll see the scene Sandy captured. Or click here for the closeup.
This one was tough. It took nearly 24 hours before the first readers guessed correctly. Congratulations, Madison Malin and Steve Dopp!
This week’s Photo Challenge, meanwhile, may be our first-ever nighttime shot. If you know where in Westport you’d find this — night, day, whenever — click “Comments” below.
Unfortunately, it’s not Christmas.
It’s 4 days before spring.
And we could get 3 to 5 inches of snow on Saturday!