Please support “06880” — thanks!
SUBSCRIBE TO '06880' BY EMAIL -- IT'S FREE!
Subscribe to ‘06880’ in a reader
SEARCH THE “06880” ARCHIVES
- Janette Kinnally on Barbara Pearson-Rac Says Goodbye
- Dan Katz on Move Over, Barnes & Noble. Another Bookstore Is Opening Downtown.
- Peter Barlow on Pic Of The Day #1379
- Lee Fleming on Move Over, Barnes & Noble. Another Bookstore Is Opening Downtown.
- Morley Boyd on Move Over, Barnes & Noble. Another Bookstore Is Opening Downtown.
- Barbara Pearson-Rac Says Goodbye
- Pic Of The Day #1379
- Roundup: Library Reopening, Light Up Westport, More
- Move Over, Barnes & Noble. Another Bookstore Is Opening Downtown.
- TEAM Westport’s Teen Essay Contest Tackles Timely Topic
- Lyfebulb: “Aha!” Idea For Managing Chronic Disease
- Pic Of The Day #1378
- Photo Challenge #317
- Roundup: Super Bowl Raffle, End Of The World, More
- Hank Aaron: The Westport Connection
Bored? Wander through ‘06880’
- Friday Flashback
- Local business
- Local politics
- Looking back
- Photo Challenge
- Pic of the Day
- Real estate
- Staples HS
- Street Spotlight
- Totally random
- Unsung Heroes
- Westport Country Playhouse
- Westport life
DISCLAIMERThis blog is personal opinion, and is not representative of the views of the Westport School District or Board of Education.
Tag Archives: Betsy P. Kahn
Betsy P. Kahn’s early morning Compo Beach stroll was marred by this sight:
Every lifeguard chair up and down the shore was toppled, she says.
And this is not the first time.
No, the wind was not strong last night.
But the (we assume) teenagers out for some late-summer mischief were.
Westport celebrated the arrival of July — and Independence Day — with perfect weather, and one of the largest fireworks crowds ever, last night.
It was a wonderful, friendly, community vibe. There was food and fun, glow sticks and sparklers, and wall-to-wall people.
Westport may have been the 1st community in America to celebrate July 4th this year. But the date doesn’t matter. The great feelings — about our town and our country — do.
Thanks, Westport PAL, Melissa & Doug, our police and fire and EMTs and Parks & Rec crew, and everyone else who made last night special!
Click on or hover over photos to enlarge. All images below by Dan Woog, unless otherwise noted.
Alert “06880” photographer Betsy Kahn captured these beautiful colors (and a stray dog) this morning at Schlaet’s Point, near Compo Beach.
With hints of spring in the air, it’s great to know that Daylight Savings Time starts this Sunday.
The only downside is that gorgeous sunrises like this will happen one hour later.
If you were not at Compo Beach today, you missed this spectacular cloud formation. Fortunately, Patricia McMahon captured it for us:
It was quite a day there for photographers. This morning, Betsy P. Kahn saw a gorgeous sunrise:
Betsy P. Kahn took this photo yesterday. But she could have snapped it any day, any season, any year.
The Compo Beach jetties are timeless. They’re a place for anyone — of any age — to walk (carefully!).
And to stop, sit, and gaze in awe at the wonders all around.