Subscribe to ‘06880’ in a reader
Please support “06880” — thanks!
SEARCH THE “06880” ARCHIVES
06880+Community bulletin board: post your event, ask a question, lost-and-found -- anything! Just click on: 06880+
- Nancy Powers Conklin on Sing We Noel: Staples’ Spectacular Candlelight Concert
- Jeff Gershowitz on Tip O’ The Top Hat For Music
- Rosemary Bentley Milligan on Tip O’ The Top Hat For Music
- Tim Foisie on Sing We Noel: Staples’ Spectacular Candlelight Concert
- Cathy Vogel on Tip O’ The Top Hat For Music
- Sing We Noel: Staples’ Spectacular Candlelight Concert
- Tip O’ The Top Hat For Music
- Pic Of The Day #606
- Friday Flashback #120
- John Dodig: “Forget The Malls. Shop Locally!”
- Greens Farms Spirit Shop Sold; After 50 Years, We Toast Jack Riley
- Pic Of The Day #605
- Adios, Chipotle
- Melissa & Doug: Toys R Them
- Pic Of The Day #604
Bored? Wander through ‘06880’
- Friday Flashback
- Local business
- Local politics
- Looking back
- Photo Challenge
- Pic of the Day
- Real estate
- Staples HS
- Totally random
- Unsung Heroes
- Westport Country Playhouse
- Westport life
DISCLAIMERThis blog is personal opinion, and is not representative of the views of the Westport School District or Board of Education.
Tag Archives: Schlaet’s Point
Westport is chock full of kayaks.
They’re stacked at Compo Beach, Longshore Sailing School, Downunder, and docks and driveways all around town.
But the kayaks in last week’s Photo Challenge were some of the most visible. They’re stored at Schlaet’s Point — specifically, in the little private park (supposedly) for Bluewater Hill residents only, next to the house at 259 Hillspoint Road with the massive stone wall and 3-flag pole.
We all pass by them often. But only Matt Murray, Rich Stein, Joelle Harris Malec and Sarah Hock knew exactly where they were. Kayak kudos to you! (Click here to see Amy Schneider’s shot.)
Here is this week’s Photo Challenge:
If the location rings a bell, click “Comments” below. And if you’ve got the back story to it, let us know too.
Four water views, from Hillspoint Road: