Subscribe to ‘06880’ in a reader
Please support “06880” — thanks!
SEARCH THE “06880” ARCHIVES
06880+Community bulletin board: post your event, ask a question, lost-and-found -- anything! Just click on: 06880+
- Dan Woog on Inspiring Interview With Staples’ Star Students: 5 PM Tonight, Channel 4
- Fred Cantor on Inspiring Interview With Staples’ Star Students: 5 PM Tonight, Channel 4
- Jack Backiel on Inspiring Interview With Staples’ Star Students: 5 PM Tonight, Channel 4
- Audrey Hertzel on Unsung Heroes #90
- Fred Cantor on Walker Marsh Reports From Mozambique: We Need Urgent Help!
- Inspiring Interview With Staples’ Star Students: 5 PM Tonight, Channel 4
- Walker Marsh Reports From Mozambique: We Need Urgent Help!
- Pic Of The Day #702
- Unsung Heroes #90
- US Cities Stop Recycling. What Will Westport Do?
- Pic Of The Day #701
- Ned Lamont Has To Go
- “Main To Train Study” Wants You
- Bedford Wins State Science Olympiad; Coleytown Earns Kudos
- [OPINION] Larry Weisman: Westport Needs Form Based Zoning
Bored? Wander through ‘06880’
- Friday Flashback
- Local business
- Local politics
- Looking back
- Photo Challenge
- Pic of the Day
- Real estate
- Staples HS
- Totally random
- Unsung Heroes
- Westport Country Playhouse
- Westport life
DISCLAIMERThis blog is personal opinion, and is not representative of the views of the Westport School District or Board of Education.
Tag Archives: swans
Yesterday — while watching the Memorial Day parade on Riverside Avenue — alert “06880” reader Scott Smith decided to explore the “secret” boardwalk along the Saugatuck River behind the offices near Rive Bistro.
He was surprised to find a mother swan sitting on her nest, protecting a just-hatched cygnet. The father swan stood guard, a few feet away.
Scott and the new dad watched as the mama tended to her 1st-born, and turned the rest of the eggs. They were a cool shade of green, Scott says, and larger than he expected.
“I never thought I’d get so close to a swan nest without causing a ruckus,” he says. “Or have the chance to use the word ‘cygnet’ outside of a Scrabble board.”