Please support “06880” — thanks!
Click here to help support “06880” via credit card or PayPal. Any amount is welcome — and appreciated! Reader contributions keep this blog going. (Alternate methods: Please send a check to: Dan Woog, 301 Post Road East, Westport, CT 06880. Or use Venmo: @DanWoog06880. Or Zelle: email@example.com. Thanks!)
SUBSCRIBE TO '06880' BY EMAIL -- IT'S FREE!
SEARCH THE “06880” ARCHIVES
- Bad Parking: It’s Baaaack!
- Happy Horseshoe Crab Day!
- Photo Challenge #338
- Roundup: Yankee Doodle Fair, All-Americans, River Cleanup …
- Behind Closed Doors
- Pic Of The Day #1523
- [CLARIFICATION] P&Z: No Full Basements In Flood Zones; Piers, Pilings Remain Only Options
- Flood Zone Change: Full Basements Instead Of Piers And Pilings?
- Westport Softball Honors “Ax”
- Roundup: Henry Wynne, Pops Concert, Teacher Of The Year …
Bored? Wander through ‘06880’
- Friday Flashback
- Local business
- Local politics
- Looking back
- Photo Challenge
- Pic of the Day
- Real estate
- Staples HS
- Street Spotlight
- Totally random
- Unsung Heroes
- Westport Country Playhouse
- Westport life
DISCLAIMERThis blog is personal opinion, and is not representative of the views of the Westport School District or Board of Education.
Tag Archives: sledding
It’s a pastime as old as, well, the hills.
When snow falls, Westporters head to their favorite sledding spots.
Birchwood Country Club, Greens Farms Elementary School and Staples High are old favorites. When the town bought Winslow Park in 1988, it quickly became another cold weather hot spot.
Not much has changed since our parents and grandparents sledded, tobogganed and slid down these slopes. That’s the way it should be.
The only thing new, in fact, is this view.
Check out Mark Mathias’ drone footage. And — this being 2021, when we worry about these things — be assured, it’s all FAA regulations-compliant.