Please support “06880” — thanks!
Click here to help support “06880” via credit card or PayPal. Any amount is welcome — and appreciated! Reader contributions keep this blog going. (Alternate methods: Please send a check to: Dan Woog, 301 Post Road East, Westport, CT 06880. Or use Venmo: @DanWoog06880. Or Zelle: firstname.lastname@example.org. Thanks!)
SUBSCRIBE TO '06880' BY EMAIL -- IT'S FREE!
SEARCH THE “06880” ARCHIVES
- Clark Thiemann on Photo Challenge #355
- Andrew Colabella on Photo Challenge #355
- Barbara Stephen on Photo Challenge #355
- Elaine Marino on Photo Challenge #355
- Michael [Mike] on Roundup: Car Robbery, NY Marathon, Election Debate …
- Photo Challenge #355
- Roundup: Car Robbery, NY Marathon, Election Debate …
- Question Box #4
- Pic Of The Day #1642
- Roundup: WWPT, Afghan Refugees, Dog Festival …
- 0*6*Art*Art*0 — Week 81 Gallery
- StoryFest: A Tale Of Something For Everyone
- Pic Of The Day #1641
- Roundup: Candidates, Moon, Music …
- Friday Flashback #266
Bored? Wander through ‘06880’
- Friday Flashback
- Local business
- Local politics
- Looking back
- Photo Challenge
- Pic of the Day
- Question Box
- Real estate
- Staples HS
- Street Spotlight
- Totally random
- Unsung Heroes
- Westport Country Playhouse
- Westport life
DISCLAIMERThis blog is personal opinion, and is not representative of the views of the Westport School District or Board of Education.
Tag Archives: sledding
It’s a pastime as old as, well, the hills.
When snow falls, Westporters head to their favorite sledding spots.
Birchwood Country Club, Greens Farms Elementary School and Staples High are old favorites. When the town bought Winslow Park in 1988, it quickly became another cold weather hot spot.
Not much has changed since our parents and grandparents sledded, tobogganed and slid down these slopes. That’s the way it should be.
The only thing new, in fact, is this view.
Check out Mark Mathias’ drone footage. And — this being 2021, when we worry about these things — be assured, it’s all FAA regulations-compliant.