Please support “06880” — thanks!
Click here to help support “06880” via credit card or PayPal. Any amount is welcome, appreciated — and tax-deductible! Reader contributions keep this blog going. (Alternate methods: Please send a check to “06880”: PO Box 744, Westport, CT 06881. Or use Venmo: @blog06880. Or Zelle: firstname.lastname@example.org. Thanks!)
SUBSCRIBE TO '06880' BY EMAIL -- IT'S FREE!Join 12,775 other subscribers
SEARCH THE “06880” ARCHIVES
- Barbara Sherburne '67 on Roundup: Parks & Rec Programs, Real Estate Sales, Lost Keys ….
- Linda Pomerantz Novis on Unsung Heroes #274
- Tom Duquette, SHS '75 on Roundup: Parks & Rec Programs, Real Estate Sales, Lost Keys ….
- Liza Pantschenko on Weston Girl Speaks Loudly For Disability Rights
- Eric William Buchroeder SHS ‘70 on Roundup: Lomito, Shirah Sklar, North Avenue …
- Unsung Heroes #274
- Roundup: Parks & Rec Programs, Real Estate Sales, Lost Keys ….
- Weston Girl Speaks Loudly For Disability Rights
- Pic Of The Day #2122
- Westport’s Grand List Lives Up To Its Name
- “06880” Podcast: Julie Mombello And Patty Lewis
- Roundup: Grand List, Nomade, Antarctica …
- Daniel Ellsberg, Christian Appy: Peace, Democracy And UMass
- Pic Of The Day #2121
- TEAM Westport Teen Essay Contest Begins
Bored? Wander through ‘06880’
- Friday Flashback
- Local business
- Local politics
- Looking back
- Photo Challenge
- Pic of the Day
- Question Box
- Real estate
- Staples HS
- Street Spotlight
- Totally random
- Unsung Heroes
- Westport Country Playhouse
- Westport life
Tag Archives: Exit 42 commuter parking lot
It’s been a while since anyone used a pay phone. It’s been longer since SNET removed the phone from this Merritt Parkway Exit 42 commuter booth.
In fact, who even remembers SNET? It’s now part of Frontier.
So Frontier, if you’re listening: You bought this eyesore. Please be a good neighbor, and haul it away.
Last week’s 2-fer — photos of a boulder surrounded by overgrown brush, and a plaque saying the planting was made possible by the Westport Garden Club — was as tough as the tangled weeds in Bob Weingarten’s shot.
Only 2 “06880” readers — Diane Bosch and Elaine Marino — knew it was hidden in plain site: at the Merritt Parkway Exit 42 commuter parking lot.
The Westport Garden Club didn’t know. But they responded quickly, noting that although they help with plantings, they are not responsible for (non)-maintenance like this. (To see the photos and all guesses, click here.)
This week’s challenge comes courtesy of Joyce Joiner. If you think you know where you’ve seen this colorfully intriguing scene, click “Comments” below.
Regular readers know “06880” has no tolerance for people who hog handicapped spaces.
But there are no words to describe what Amy Scarella saw today, at the Merritt Parkway Exit 42 commuter lot:
That does not appear to be a handicapped permit dangling from the rear-view mirror — it looks like one of those pine-scent things.
But it would take a pretty powerful one to erase the stink from this driver.
Note to Police: Hopefully the car is still there. If so, that would be 2 tickets for this Very Special Driver.