Subscribe to ‘06880’ in a reader
Please support “06880” — thanks!
SEARCH THE “06880” ARCHIVES
- Dan Woog on Pics Of The Day #1076
- Scott Broder on COVID-19 Roundup: Winslow Park Rules; Virtual Bingo Helps Non-Profits; Keep Your Distance!; Restaurant, Retail News; More
- Randi Kessler on COVID-19 Roundup: Winslow Park Rules; Virtual Bingo Helps Non-Profits; Keep Your Distance!; Restaurant, Retail News; More
- Nicholas on Pics Of The Day #1076
- Bobbie Herman on Pics Of The Day #1076
- Livio Sanchez’s “American Portrait”
- Pics Of The Day #1076
- COVID-19 Roundup: Winslow Park Rules; Virtual Bingo Helps Non-Profits; Keep Your Distance!; Restaurant, Retail News; More
- 0*6*Art*Art*0 — Week 2 Gallery
- Science Olympians Confront Virus
- Pic Of The Day #1075
- COVID-19 Roundup: Arlen Road Neighbors; Old Mill Parking Lot Closed; “Distance Learning” Help For Parents; Driving School Open; More
- Friday Flashback #186
- Persona Of The Day: Candice Savin
- Westport Psychiatrist: Physical, Mental Health More Important Than Ever
Bored? Wander through ‘06880’
- Friday Flashback
- Local business
- Local politics
- Looking back
- Photo Challenge
- Pic of the Day
- Real estate
- Staples HS
- Street Spotlight
- Totally random
- Unsung Heroes
- Westport Country Playhouse
- Westport life
DISCLAIMERThis blog is personal opinion, and is not representative of the views of the Westport School District or Board of Education.
Tag Archives: yarn bombing
What happens in Westport doesn’t always stay in Westport.
Alert “06880” reader Lisa Shufro sent these photos from downtown:
It’s not just Westport, though. If you Google “yarn bombs” — or check out BuzzFeed, as Lisa did — you’ll see it’s a global phenomenon. The Wall Street bull, city buses, a phone booth near Big Ben — all have been yarn bombed.
“I’m an avid knitter/crocheter, but unfortunately I can’t claim responsibility for these wonderful additions to Westport’s landscape,” Lisa says.
She’d love to know who is responsible — perhaps to trade tips, or simply congratulate her (or him) on a creative project.
As a public service, “06880” will pass along any information on Westport’s yarn bomber. Anonymity — if requested — is assured.