Please support “06880” — thanks!
SUBSCRIBE TO '06880' BY EMAIL -- IT'S FREE!
Subscribe to ‘06880’ in a reader
SEARCH THE “06880” ARCHIVES
- Gina Ryan on RTM March Meeting: Sidewalks And Schools
- Sal liccione district 9 rtm member on RTM March Meeting: Sidewalks And Schools
- adam L starr on Friday Flashback #234
- Barbara Jay on Roundup: Beach Stickers, Rizzuto’s Igloos, Blue Light …
- Evan Stein on Roundup: Beach Stickers, Rizzuto’s Igloos, Blue Light …
- Friday Flashback #234
- Roundup: Beach Stickers, Rizzuto’s Igloos, Blue Light …
- RTM March Meeting: Sidewalks And Schools
- “Food In Literature”: Staples’ Most Tasteful Course
- Pic Of The Day #1417
- COVID Vaccine, Restriction Rollback Update:
- Roundup: Vaccine, Joe Duffy, Wheels2U …
- Ian O’Malley: Hear, Hear!
- Pics Of The Day #1416
- Remembering Khaliq Sanda
Bored? Wander through ‘06880’
- Friday Flashback
- Local business
- Local politics
- Looking back
- Photo Challenge
- Pic of the Day
- Real estate
- Staples HS
- Street Spotlight
- Totally random
- Unsung Heroes
- Westport Country Playhouse
- Westport life
DISCLAIMERThis blog is personal opinion, and is not representative of the views of the Westport School District or Board of Education.
Tag Archives: Valentine’s Day
If you’re like me, you spend time sitting in Riverside Avenue traffic wondering what goes on behind those mysterious windows above Arezzo restaurant.
Turns out it’s a design studio, home to the Bonnie Marcus Collection. Launched by Diane von Furstenberg’s former right-hand woman, it’s where 10 very talented people — all local moms — create illustrations for bridal shower, wedding and party invitations; greeting cards; calendars and more.
Bonnie has developed licensing deals with some of the biggest companies in the world. Her designs are found in more than 50,000 retail and online stores.
But today her studio concentrates on one school, in nearby Bridgeport.
Bonnie’s cards often feature hand-painted sparkles. So Westporter Nicole Straight — who volunteers at the Cesar Batalla School, and is a big fan of Bonnie Marcus Collections — came up with an idea: Give every student there a chance to make a sparkling Valentine’s Day card for someone special.
It could be a parent, sibling, teacher or friend. The key is for kids to have fun making their own cards.
Today, Nicole is delivered 1,200 sparkle pens to the school.
Plus Valentine’s gifts for each teacher: A calendar, filled with color and creativity, for every classroom.
Bonnie and the rest of her team enjoyed plenty of smiling faces at Cesar Batalla today.
Who knows? They may find a future designer there too.
(Hat tip: Robin Gusick)
… or something!
Lynn U. Miller caught these folks last night at CVS:
Unfortunately for them, the candy shelves were pretty bare too:
Interestingly, a few “Luv Boxers” remained:
As well as these even odder gifts:
Happy Valentine’s Day! Hope you’re making it through unscathed!