Subscribe to ‘06880’ in a reader
Please support “06880” — thanks!
SEARCH THE “06880” ARCHIVES
06880+Community bulletin board: post your event, ask a question, lost-and-found -- anything! Just click on: 06880+
- Daniel Katz on [OPINION] Developer: In Wake Of Hiawatha Court Decision, We Plan 187 Units
- Toni Boucher on A Ducky Rescue
- Mary Jennings on Most Entitled Parking Ever?
- Robin Massa on Calling All Veterans!
- Robin Massa on A Ducky Rescue
- Farmers’ Market Serves Up Top Chef Battle
- Pic Of The Day #399
- A Ducky Rescue
- Calling All Veterans!
- [OPINION] Developer: In Wake Of Hiawatha Court Decision, We Plan 187 Units
- Most Entitled Parking Ever?
- Mike Greenberg: Heidi And Phoebe’s MVP
- Pic Of The Day #398
- Boosting The Bayberry Bikers
- Westport Lifestyle: Read All About It!
Bored? Wander through ‘06880’
- Friday Flashback
- Local business
- Local politics
- Looking back
- Photo Challenge
- Pic of the Day
- Real estate
- Staples HS
- Totally random
- Unsung Heroes
- Westport Country Playhouse
- Westport life
DISCLAIMERThis blog is personal opinion, and is not representative of the views of the Westport School District or Board of Education.
Tag Archives: Saugatuck Shores
Just a few weeks after opening, the new Saugatuck Island bridge is closed again.
The bridge is fine. It’s Mother Nature — or perhaps climate change — that’s the problem.
Today is lovely. The sun is out; the air is crisp.
But high tide was at noon. It came during a near full moon. Here’s the result:
Gene Borio – an alert “06880” reader and Saugatuck Shores neighbor who took these photos — notes: “There are free tide apps available. Saugatuck Island residents need to start downloading them.”
It’s beautiful here in Westport. Sunny, a tad nippy — a typical February 9.
But even on a day like today, Saugatuck Shores worries about water. Betsy P. Kahn photographed these high-tide scenes late this morning:
Meanwhile, not far away on Saugatuck Island, Yvonne Marks captured this much sandier scene:
We’ve still got a few more hours of this. So put another log on the fire, open up one more bottle of wine, and enjoy these wonderful views of Westport in winter. (Click on or hover over to enlarge)
Blizzard bonus feature: Seagulls were out surfing at Compo. Thanks to Dee Dee Scanlin, Chip Stephens and Betsy Pollak for sharing!