Le Penguin is a perfect spot for date night, dinner with friends, and adult birthday parties (gotta love the giant stuffed penguins and party music).
If you’re willing to forgo the bread basket, a healthy meal is surprisingly easy to put together right from the menu. In the latest installment of our continuing series, Westport nutritionist Heather Bauer serves up her top healthy picks for the popular Sconset Square spot.
Healthy choice appetizers
- Fresh baby artichoke salad (vegan)
- Tuna tartare
- Appetizer mussels in white wine
- Boston Bibb salad (vegan)
Healthy choice entrees
- Grilled salmon
- Red snapper
- Grass-fed grilled filet mignon (request no potatoes, sauce on the side, and all veggies instead of potatoes)
- Entree portion of mussels in white wine (request veggies or salad instead of fries)
- Appetizer beef carpaccio
- NOTE: Chicken paillard lightly breaded with panko crust over arugula and parm: This is not on the menu, but it’s one of my favorite entrees at Le Penguin. The chicken is very thin, topped with a ton of arugula and freshly shaved parmesan.