Please support “06880” — thanks!
Click here to help support “06880” via credit card or PayPal. Any amount is welcome, appreciated — and tax-deductible! Reader contributions keep this blog going. (Alternate methods: Please send a check to “06880”: PO Box 744, Westport, CT 06881. Or use Venmo: @blog06880. Or Zelle: email@example.com. Thanks!)
SUBSCRIBE TO '06880' BY EMAIL -- IT'S FREE!Join 12,772 other subscribers
SEARCH THE “06880” ARCHIVES
- Pic Of The Day #2115
- Roundup: FOIA, Blue Coupe, Dog Poop …
- Playhouse Scales Back ’23 Season
- Pic Of The Day #2114
- Roundup: Compo Cove, Compo Cold, St. Patrick’s Day …
- Sam Paris: International Synchronized Skating Star
- Pic Of The Day #2113
- Photo Challenge #422
- Roundup: State Of The Town, Summit Saugatuck, Joe Tacopina …
- Police, Fire Departments Lift Lyman Sister City Effort
Bored? Wander through ‘06880’
- Friday Flashback
- Local business
- Local politics
- Looking back
- Photo Challenge
- Pic of the Day
- Question Box
- Real estate
- Staples HS
- Street Spotlight
- Totally random
- Unsung Heroes
- Westport Country Playhouse
- Westport life
Tag Archives: Gray’s Creek cemetery
After joining the Parks & Recreation Department in 2008, Andrew Colabella maintained the Minute Man monument and 2 other nearby historical sites.
He left the department in 2014, but continues volunteering in free time. He throws down seed, prunes and waters plants, and replaces worn flags with new ones.
It’s his way of giving back to his hometown, and connecting with its long and important history.