Please support “06880” — thanks!
Click here to help support “06880” via credit card or PayPal. Any amount is welcome — and appreciated! Reader contributions keep this blog going. (Alternate methods: Please send a check to: Dan Woog, 301 Post Road East, Westport, CT 06880. Or use Venmo: @DanWoog06880. Or Zelle: email@example.com. Thanks!)
SUBSCRIBE TO '06880' BY EMAIL -- IT'S FREE!
Subscribe to ‘06880’ in a reader
SEARCH THE “06880” ARCHIVES
- Amy Ancel on Unsung Hero #189
- MaryAnn Meyer on Roundup: Library Parking Lot, AMG Catering, Miggs Burroughs …
- Dan Woog on Mental Health Awareness Month: You Are Not Alone
- Luisa Francoeur on Mental Health Awareness Month: You Are Not Alone
- Isabelle Breen on Roundup: Library Parking Lot, AMG Catering, Miggs Burroughs …
- Unsung Hero #189
- Roundup: Library Parking Lot, AMG Catering, Miggs Burroughs …
- Mental Health Awareness Month: You Are Not Alone
- Pic Of The Day #1478
- Board Of Ed: COVID Easing, Schools Move Forward
- Roundup: Roe Halper, Southport Diner, Elusive Objects …
- P&Z Dives Into Pool Coverage Text Amendment
- Pic Of The Day #1477
- “06880, The Podcast”: David Waldman
- Roundup: Marshalls, SLOBs …
Bored? Wander through ‘06880’
- Friday Flashback
- Local business
- Local politics
- Looking back
- Photo Challenge
- Pic of the Day
- Real estate
- Staples HS
- Street Spotlight
- Totally random
- Unsung Heroes
- Westport Country Playhouse
- Westport life
DISCLAIMERThis blog is personal opinion, and is not representative of the views of the Westport School District or Board of Education.
Tag Archives: Westport Library Riverwalk
There were many ways to describe last week’s Photo Challenge.
The steps leading to the Saugatuck River by the library. The east side of the river. South of the downtown bridge. Next to the lower parking lot. A kayak launch site. The place where ducks sunbathe.
All were correct. Yet no one mentioned the Riverwalk specifically, or the Taylor Place parking lot by name.
Still, it was obvious. Bob Weingarten’s image showed the concrete steps and the adjacent seawall that no one ever uses, but everyone loves to look at as they sit or stroll near the Westport Library. (Click here to see.)
Nearly 2 dozen readers — including a few first-time respondents — knew the site. Congratulations to Tom Ryan, Chip Stephens, Staci Hebel, Will Luedke, Jerry Kuyper, Mark Taglia, Elaine Marino, Michelle Scher Saunders, Andrew Colabella, Stephanie Ross, Michael Calise, Morley Boyd, Richard Hyman, Gina Ryan, Rosalie Kaye, Jo Kirsch, Jonathan McClure, Bruce Salvo, Amy Schneider, Jo Ann Flaum, Fred Rubin and Suzanne Raboy.
Now, where would you find this week’s Photo Challenge? If you know, click “Comments” below.
Today’s weather is not exactly the get-outside-and-enjoy type.
But a couple of days ago, it was. Westporters did.
And alert “06880” reader/photographer Fred Cantor was there — at the Riverwalk — to capture them.