Subscribe to ‘06880’ in a reader
Please support “06880” — thanks!
SEARCH THE “06880” ARCHIVES
- Peter Saverine on COVID-19 Roundup: Student Theater And Art; Medical Heroes; Baseball, Masks, More
- Cheryl McKenna Kritzer on 0*6*Art*Art*0 — Week 3 Gallery
- Bill Boyd shs 66 on Pic Of The Day #1083
- Julie Stanton on Pic Of The Day #1083
- Peter Barlow on COVID-19 Roundup: Student Theater And Art; Medical Heroes; Baseball, Masks, More
- In Uncertain Times, Rob Slosberg Offers Sanity, Knowledge
- Pic Of The Day #1083
- COVID-19 Roundup: Student Theater And Art; Medical Heroes; Baseball, Masks, More
- 0*6*Art*Art*0 — Week 3 Gallery
- Q104.3 Studio Moves To Westport
- Pics Of The Day #1082
- Marpe: Stay Safe; Keep Your Distance; Leash Your Dog; Contractor And Tax News
- COVID Roundup: Fields Monitoring; Free Coding Class; Mask Making; Easter Baskets; STAR Funding; More
- Friday Flashback #187
Bored? Wander through ‘06880’
- Friday Flashback
- Local business
- Local politics
- Looking back
- Photo Challenge
- Pic of the Day
- Real estate
- Staples HS
- Street Spotlight
- Totally random
- Unsung Heroes
- Westport Country Playhouse
- Westport life
DISCLAIMERThis blog is personal opinion, and is not representative of the views of the Westport School District or Board of Education.
Tag Archives: Urban Outfitters Westport CT
Downtown Westport has tons of shortcuts.
You just have to know where to look.
Let’s say you bought a beautiful bedroom set at Design Within Reach (the old post office). But you also need a French press from the new Williams- Sonoma in Bedford Square.
You could cross the Post Road (carefully!), then circle all the way around Patagonia to Church Lane. You could do the same with Sconset Square.
It’s quicker to walk through the small underground parking area next to Westport Pizzeria, or cut straight through Urban Outfitters.
But the really fun way is to take the narrow alleyway between Urban Outfitters and Cotélac. It hides there in plain sight, a direct shot for those who know about it.
Yet maybe no one does. A mural painted — somehow — on the tight wall of Urban Outfitters was last week’s photo challenge. I took it earlier this month. (Click here for the photo. It’s pretty cool, if I do say so myself.)
But are the muralists and I the only people who know about the alley?
Perhaps. Only one person — one! — guessed last Sunday’s photo challenge.
And it took Staples High School senior Nicole Arellano 6 days — all the way until yesterday — to come up with the right answer.
Well done, Nicole. It was worth waiting for!
This week’s photo challenge should be easier.
If you know where in Westport you’d see this, click “Comments” below.