Subscribe to ‘06880’ in a reader
Please support “06880” — thanks!
SEARCH THE “06880” ARCHIVES
06880+Community bulletin board: post your event, ask a question, lost-and-found -- anything! Just click on: 06880+
- Art Lohman on Refreshing New Look For Westport’s Website
- Susan Iseman on Sherpa’s Solstice Ride: Westport To Montreal, By Bike
- Ted Horowitz on Refreshing New Look For Westport’s Website
- Greg Naughton on Kids’ Detention Center Protest Set For Saturday
- Elisabeth Keane on Refreshing New Look For Westport’s Website
- Sherpa’s Solstice Ride: Westport To Montreal, By Bike
- Pic Of The Day #800
- Kids’ Detention Center Protest Set For Saturday
- Unsung Hero #104
- Refreshing New Look For Westport’s Website
- Pic Of The Day #799
- Four-Play At Town Hall
- Your Informal Family Portrait? It Began In Westport.
- Pic Of The Day #798
- [OPINION] Bike Lane Needed On Riverside Avenue
Bored? Wander through ‘06880’
- Friday Flashback
- Local business
- Local politics
- Looking back
- Photo Challenge
- Pic of the Day
- Real estate
- Staples HS
- Street Spotlight
- Totally random
- Unsung Heroes
- Westport Country Playhouse
- Westport life
DISCLAIMERThis blog is personal opinion, and is not representative of the views of the Westport School District or Board of Education.
Tag Archives: Gray’s Creek
In the 2 1/2 years since Alan Sterling died, “Gloria” — his beloved oyster boat — has sat forlornly in Gray’s Creek.
But on Sunday, alert “06880” reader/Renaissance man/photographer Jaime Bairaktaris noticed something:
She shined brightly. With Christmas lights.
Intrigued, he took a photo. But it didn’t show “Gloria” in all her glory.
Last night, Jaime returned to the inlet, between Compo Beach Road and Longshore. He hoped the lights would be on again.
They were. He snapped these gorgeous photos:
Jaime has no clue who strung the lights, and turns them on at night. He asked if I know.
It’s better that way. Just call it Alan Sterling’s Christmas miracle.
Alert — and very talented — “06880” photographer Betsy P. Kahn had a busy day today. She shot 3 fantastic waterside scenes: Saugatuck Island, Gray’s Creek and the Longshore marina.
The air was cold. The sun was setting. But Betsy nailed it! (Click on or hover over any photo to enlarge.)