Subscribe to ‘06880’ in a reader
Please support “06880” — thanks!
SEARCH THE “06880” ARCHIVES
- mary gai on Friday Flashback #186
- Louis Weinberg on Science Olympians Confront Virus
- Bobbi Essagof on COVID-19 Roundup: Arlen Road Neighbors; Old Mill Parking Lot Closed; “Distance Learning” Help For Parents; Driving School Open; More
- Dan Woog on COVID-19 Roundup: Arlen Road Neighbors; Old Mill Parking Lot Closed; “Distance Learning” Help For Parents; Driving School Open; More
- Holly Wheeler on Rev. Alison Patton: The Story The NY Times Should Have Told
- 0*6*Art*Art*0 — Week 2 Gallery
- Science Olympians Confront Virus
- Pic Of The Day #1075
- COVID-19 Roundup: Arlen Road Neighbors; Old Mill Parking Lot Closed; “Distance Learning” Help For Parents; Driving School Open; More
- Friday Flashback #186
- Persona Of The Day: Candice Savin
- Westport Psychiatrist: Physical, Mental Health More Important Than Ever
- Pic Of The Day #1074
- COVID-19: More Rent Reductions; Parks & Rec, Transit News; Realtors Unite; Staples Online; Low-Interest Loans; More
- Rishabh Mandayam Tracks Connecticut’s COVID
Bored? Wander through ‘06880’
- Friday Flashback
- Local business
- Local politics
- Looking back
- Photo Challenge
- Pic of the Day
- Real estate
- Staples HS
- Street Spotlight
- Totally random
- Unsung Heroes
- Westport Country Playhouse
- Westport life
DISCLAIMERThis blog is personal opinion, and is not representative of the views of the Westport School District or Board of Education.
Tag Archives: Daffodil Mile
It’s been a long, hard winter. Sometimes this feels not like April 21, but January 111th.
Don’t tell that to the daffodils. Willowbrook’s famed “Daffodil Mile” is now in full bloom.
That’s great news for the thousands of drivers who pass the Main Street cemetery every day — and the many more bikers, joggers and walkers who wait patiently for the display.
Over the past 10 years, families and friends of Willowbrook’s “residents” (aka dead people) have donated 35,000 bulbs. Each year the line of yellow flowers grows.
Next year, 10,000 more bulbs will be planted.
And in the coming months, cemetery trustees will release details on a new cherry blossom mall.
PS: The cool weather is good for one thing. This year, the daffodils will bloom longer than usual.
(For more information, click here for the Willowbrook Cemetery website.)