In the best of times, we take librarians for granted.
These past 16 months have not been the best of times.
Through it all though, the Westport Library staff has been there for us.
Despite an ever-changing environment, with constantly shifting rules, they’ve:
- Delivered an astonishing array of virtual programs
- Got the Verso studios up and running
- Answered our reference desk phone calls and emails
- Provided curbside pickup — and home delivery for folks unable to get out
- Quarantined newly returned books
- … and did all that (and much, much more) with their usual efficiency, aplomb and smiles.
Like air and water, we just kind of expect our Westport Library to be there for us.
They’ve had as tough a year as the rest of us. Thanks to Bill Harmer and his entire staff for all they do — and to alert and gracious “06880” reader Iain Bruce, for reminding us of the magic that happens every day, down by the river in one of Westport’s true crown jewels.
(To nominate an Unsung Hero, email email@example.com)