Connecticut is one of America’s top states for vaccination rates.
Still, snagging an appointment is not easy. The website is tough to manage. Phone lines are overwhelmed.
It’s especially difficult for older residents, and those either technologically challenged or without access to technology.
Fortunately, many folks help.
Children — grown and teenagers — have gotten up early, stayed up late, and spent hours refreshing sites, then going through the many steps to secure a slot for their parents.
Neighbors have done the same. So have strangers, connected by a variety of organizations and Facebook groups.
I’ve heard several stories of Westporters who have gone far out of their way to assist others.
They do it to help ease the pandemic for us all.
And they do it because it’s the right thing to do.
Which is why anyone who has helped anyone access the vaccine is this week’s Unsung Hero.
(To nominate an Unsung Hero, email email@example.com.)
Vaccination appointments can be made utilizing the following tools:
- The Vaccine Administration Management System can be used to schedule appointments at multiple clinics across the state. Click here.
- Call Connecticut’s COVID-19 Vaccine Appointment Assist Line: Open from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m., 7 days a week: 877-918-2224.
- Hartford HealthCare: Multiple locations throughout the state, including large clinics in the Hartford area. Click here.
- Yale New Haven Health: Multiple locations throughout the state, including large clinics in the New Haven area. Click here.
- Stamford Health: 7 days a week at Stamford Hospital. Click here.
- Walmart: Various locations. Click here.
For the most up-to-date information on COVID-19 vaccination distribution plans in Connecticut, visit ct.gov/covidvaccine.