NOTE: The Westport Library will be closed tomorrow.
Please support “06880” — thanks!
Click here to help support “06880” via credit card or PayPal. Any amount is welcome, appreciated — and tax-deductible! Reader contributions keep this blog going. (Alternate methods: Please send a check to “06880”: PO Box 744, Westport, CT 06881. Or use Venmo: @blog06880. Or Zelle: firstname.lastname@example.org. Thanks!)
SUBSCRIBE TO '06880' BY EMAIL -- IT'S FREE!Join 12,873 other subscribers
SEARCH THE “06880” ARCHIVES
- Mickey Herbst on “06880 On The Go”: The Worst Intersections In Westport
- Morley Boyd on “06880 On The Go”: The Worst Intersections In Westport
- Linda Pryde on Ashlee Grieb’s Cool Cardio Dance Jam
- Jonathan Alloy on Photo Challenge #439
- Jamie Walsh on “06880 On The Go”: The Worst Intersections In Westport
- “06880 On The Go”: The Worst Intersections In Westport
- Photo Challenge #439
- Roundup: Parade Photos And Floats, Playhouse Plaque …
- Memorial Day Parade: The Route, The Marchers, The Full Drill
- Pics Of The Day #2231
- Oystercatcher Alert: Save Our Beach Birds!
- Roundup: AI, Free Haircuts, Change For Lyman …
- Online Art Gallery #162
- A Familiar Lament
- Pics Of The Day #2230
Bored? Wander through ‘06880’
- Friday Flashback
- Local business
- Local politics
- Looking back
- Photo Challenge
- Pic of the Day
- Question Box
- Real estate
- Staples HS
- Street Spotlight
- Totally random
- Unsung Heroes
- Westport Country Playhouse
- Westport life
- Celebrate Westport (town calendar)
- Dan Woog.com
- Finding Westport
- MoCA Westport
- Our Town Crier
- Photography in my Life (Katherine Hooper)
- Preserve Westport
- Prill Boyle’s Defying Gravity
- Westport Journal
- Westport Local Press
- Westport News
- Westport Weston Chamber of Commerce
Thank you Dan. Hope you are ok. Nancy
Get Outlook for iOS ________________________________
Thanks, Nancy. Like 93% of Westport, I have no power. Cell service is spotty. I managed to post these tonight using tin cans and wires. But I’m safe and fine, and I hope you are too. Hang in there, guys!
Thanks Dan for the updates. Wish all is well.
By the way, if you want good Cell phone signal, drive to the parking lot next to Walgreens. You would get 5 bars on your phone. Cheers!
Saugatuck Ave picture #1
That same area is always taking out utility poles and wires.
Hopefully, that’s the last tree in that area.
I just drove around town… drove main roads, some larger side roads, and there is zero sign of any utility workers. Meanwhile it seems that Norwalk has cleared all of their roads and restored power to most places. Very odd not to see a single utility truck… Also, I think I see local business owners / security guarding many store fronts along post road and main street.
Josh interior roads and side roads are a disaster.
Quite a bit of Norwalk has no power you just can see it
By the way, I’m one of those without power.
Many poles were taken down by huge limps and or whole trees.
Norwalk DPW are working to clear roads that not passable.