How great was it?
Consider these performances at the New Balance Outdoor Track Championships — the national meet — at North Carolina A&T University in Greensboro.
- Today, Staples’ phenomenal senior Henry Wynne won the mile, in 4:07.84.
- Yesterday, Wynne anchored the 4 x 800 relay team to 3rd in the nation. He and Peter Elkind, Patrick Nolan and Walker Marsh roared to a school record 7:42.11. Wynne’s split was a crazy-fast 1:48.93.
- Staples’ equally phenomenal freshman Hannah DeBalsi finished 3rd in yesterday’s 2-mile. Her 10:16.20 sets a national 9th grade record.
- Today DeBalsi anchored the distance medley relay team — including Erica Hefnawy, Emily Troelstra and Tyler Scanlin — to a bronze medal (and state record): 11:53.61. DeBalsi’s mile split was an amazing 4:48.
- Wynne, DeBalsi and both relay teams earned All-American status. Congratulations to Staples’ fantastic runners, and their coaches Laddie Lawrence and Jesse McCray.
As if that wasn’t enough, Noah Arthurs just set the North American record for solving 16 Rubik’s cubes successfully — while blindfolded!
(Click here if your browser does not link directly to YouTube.)