No, that’s not Elliott Landon speaking.
It’s the “Snow Day Calculator” — and that website is as scientific as it gets.
First you enter your school’s zip code.
Then some very important information:
- Type of school (public, urban public, rural public, private/prep, boarding)
- The number of snow days already this year
- “Leniency of administration” (easy, okay, harsh)
- Is there a special event or activity scheduled?
- Is your school in a mountainous area?
- Hype for a snow day (0 = no one talking about it; 1 = many kids talking about it; 2 = kids, teachers and media talking about it; 3 = administrators are talking about it too!)
Click “Calculate” — and it’s 99% certain Westport kids can sleep in on Friday!
But you should still call 203-341-1SNO tomorrow morning.
Just in case.