- Baby wipes (big or small)
- White socks (calf/boot high)
- Powder water mixers (iced tea, Gatorade, Crystal Light Lemonade)
- Dried fruit
- Toiletries (toothpaste, mouthwash, soap, lotion, ChapStick)
- DVDs, magazines, books (hand-me-downs are fine)
- Dried goods (Pepperidge Farms-type, like Goldfish; they don’t have a microwave, so no popcorn, etc.)
- Letter writing material (including stamps)
Calvin is in charge of 7 men. His best friend leads another 7. There’s a total of 40 Marines on base — and all could benefit from Westport’s generosity.
You can pack donations into a $10 flat rate box (available at the post office), and send it to:
Sgt. Wauchope, Calvin
3DBN 11th MAR(TAP)
FPO AP 96427-1630
But you don’t even have to do that. Westport uber-volunteer Jane Horton — a friend of the Wauchopes — has volunteered to accept any material, and take care of shipping. Her address is 134 Roseville Road; please email email@example.com before dropping off.
We don’t hear a lot about Afghanistan these days. But now that we’ve heard, let’s help 1 of Westport’s own. And 39 other Americans, who are also our own.