Please support “06880” — thanks!
Subscribe to ‘06880’ in a reader
SEARCH THE “06880” ARCHIVES
- Caryl Beatus on No Wind. No Storm. Big Problem.
- Jenae on No Wind. No Storm. Big Problem.
- Daniel Suozzo on Arrivederci, Da Pietro’s
- Dermot Meuchner on Roundup: Longshore Sailing; Anti-Racism; Arts Programs; Jewish Food; More
- Charles Taylor on Roundup: Longshore Sailing; Anti-Racism; Arts Programs; Jewish Food; More
- No Wind. No Storm. Big Problem.
- Contact Tracing: Health District Protocols
- Roundup: Longshore Sailing; Anti-Racism; Arts Programs; Jewish Food; More
- PPP: Lifeline Loans For Westport Businesses, Organizations
- Pic Of The Day #1178
- Roundup: Drive-In Movies; Food Scraps; Train Station Shuttle; Hole In The Wall Gang Camp; More
- Unsung Hero #153
- COVID Update: Longshore Sailing School
- COVID Creeps Back Into Town
- Brazen Break-In Puts Homeowners On Alert
Bored? Wander through ‘06880’
- Friday Flashback
- Local business
- Local politics
- Looking back
- Photo Challenge
- Pic of the Day
- Real estate
- Staples HS
- Street Spotlight
- Totally random
- Unsung Heroes
- Westport Country Playhouse
- Westport life
DISCLAIMERThis blog is personal opinion, and is not representative of the views of the Westport School District or Board of Education.
Tag Archives: Sherwood Mill Pond
On a normal Friday morning, Westport’s business district would have been bustling.
Today was not a normal Friday morning. Neither was any day this week, or last. And it won’t be normal next week either.
Alert — and saddened — Molly Alger took a lonely tour through town this morning. Here’s what she saw.
But then — a few hours later — skies cleared. The sun came out. And all over town, people smiled.
In all the years she has lived on Sherwood Mill Pond, Kendall Gardiner says she has never seen a fish surge like this morning’s.
“They were on all sides of the dock” she reports. “Just amazing.”
It was a great day to be a fisherman.
Or a bird.