There are Unsung Heroes.
And then there is Joanne Heller.
Her long list of important, hands-on activities includes:
- Co-president of A Better Chance of Westport
- Past president of the Westport Young Woman’s League; executive board member for 9 years; director of their Minute Man Road Race
- Ran the Mad Hatter Tea Party for Bethel Recovery Center for many years
- National Charity League board member
- Veteran PTA member; creator of school directories on MobileArq
- Staples Tuition Grants member
- Volunteer at Bridgeport’s Read School
- Coordinator of the Compo Beach playground renovation project
- Westport Garden Club member
- Former Girl Scout leader
- Former communications head of Staples Service League of Boys (SLOBS).
Joanne did much of this while also working at ADP. She and her husband Grant have 3 children, who have kept her busy since leaving the paid work force in 2002. She’s about to become a grandmother.
Which means this week’s Unsung Hero will have a whole new generation of activities to lend her talent, energy and time to.
(To nominate an Unsung Hero, email email@example.com)