Please support “06880” — thanks!
Click here to help support “06880” via credit card or PayPal. Any amount is welcome, appreciated — and tax-deductible! Reader contributions keep this blog going. (Alternate methods: Please send a check to “06880”: PO Box 744, Westport, CT 06881. Or use Venmo: @blog06880. Or Zelle: firstname.lastname@example.org. Thanks!)
SUBSCRIBE TO '06880' BY EMAIL -- IT'S FREE!Join 12,798 other subscribers
SEARCH THE “06880” ARCHIVES
- Dan Woog on Cobb’s Mill Inn: The Saga Continues
- Robert M Gerrity on Unearthing History
- Susie Ojha on Cobb’s Mill Inn: The Saga Continues
- Eric Buchroeder on Cobb’s Mill Inn: The Saga Continues
- thereills on Cobb’s Mill Inn: The Saga Continues
- Roundup: Wetland Woes, Beach Rocks, Staples Honors …
- Unearthing History
- Pic Of The Day #2172
- Unsung Hero #280
- Roundup: Beachside & Owenoke Teardowns, P&Z Agendas …
- Cobb’s Mill Inn: The Saga Continues
- Pic Of The Day #2171
- “Westport Madness”: Semifinals Are Here!
- Roundup: Winslow Park, Hillspoint Road, Social Media …
- Firing Up Westport’s New Fundraising Gala
Bored? Wander through ‘06880’
- Friday Flashback
- Local business
- Local politics
- Looking back
- Photo Challenge
- Pic of the Day
- Question Box
- Real estate
- Staples HS
- Street Spotlight
- Totally random
- Unsung Heroes
- Westport Country Playhouse
- Westport life
- Celebrate Westport (town calendar)
- Dan Woog.com
- Finding Westport
- MoCA Westport
- Our Town Crier
- Photography in my Life (Katherine Hooper)
- Preserve Westport
- Prill Boyle’s Defying Gravity
- Westport Journal
- Westport Local Press
- Westport News
- Westport Weston Chamber of Commerce
Pic Of The Day #2132
This entry was posted in Pic of the Day, Transportation, YMCA and tagged Merritt Parkway bridge by YMCA. Bookmark the permalink.
What a stunning photo Michael!
I have a photo of that bridge taken from the same location 50 or 60 years ago. I’m surprised it hasn’t changed at all, what with the YMCA built there. Amazing!
When they re-did the bridge last year it lost a little bit of its character, but it’s still more picturesque than many others.
Beautifully atmospheric and captured!!
When I was 12 I jumped off this bridge and became a man.
You’re lucky you didn’t become a corpse. That’s pretty high up!
I hit the water so hard my jeans split!!!
This photo brings back memories of Tom Ghianuly (Compo Barber Shop)and Paul Newman jumping off of it into the water together.
I wonder if they yelled the same expletive as when Butch and Sundance jumped off a cliff in the movie?