1st Selectman Jim Marpe and the Westport Weston Health District pass along important information about the COVID-19 vaccine:
Right now, only people eligible under Phase 1a or 1b may register for the vaccine. Click here for the form to register with the Vaccine Administration Management System (VAMS).
Phase 1a includes:
- Healthcare Personnel: All paid and unpaid personnel serving in healthcare settings who have the potential for direct or indirect exposure to patients of infectious materials.
- Long Term Care Facility Residents: Adults who reside in facilities that provide a range of services, including medical and personal care, to persons who are unable to live independently.
- First Responders at risk of exposure to COVID-19 through their response to medical emergencies, such as emergency medical technicians, police officers, and firefighters.
Phase 1b includes:
- Individuals 75 and older (proof of age required at the clinic).
- NOTE: The state Department of Public Health is still finalizing its definition of Phase 1b eligible residents.
To register (see above), full name, date of birth, zip code, occupation (including “retired”), and email address are required.
The information entered will only be used for purposes of scheduling a vaccination and will remain confidential.
Once submitted, a confirmation email will be sent from the Department of Public health/VAMS, followed by another email that approves or denies the registration.
Approved registrants may then register in VAMS and select a vaccination appointment.
Every individual must have a unique email to be registered and vaccinated. Someone using their personal email to register an elderly parent may not be able to register or be vaccinated using that same email. The Westport Department of Human Services’ vaccination helpline (203-341-5037) can help.
VAMS is the only way right now for an individual not in a congregate setting to register for and receive the vaccination in Connecticut.
This is a state program. Westport residents do not need to be vaccinated in Westport. VAMS may suggest vaccination appointments in nearby communities based on the supply of available vaccinations.
(For more Connecticut vaccine information, click here.)