Mother’s Day is Sunday, May 12.
But you don’t have to wait that long to celebrate Mom — or, more specifically, motherhood and the “MOMents that Mattered.”
WestportMoms — the wonderful, multi-platform resource — sponsors a cocktails-and-conversation event by that name on Tuesday, May 7 (7 p.m., Pearl at Longshore).
Six rock-star local moms —
- Alisyn Camerota, CNN anchor
- Stephanie Szostak, star of ABC’s “A Million Little Things”
- Melissa Bernstein, co-founder of Melissa & Doug
- Elyse Oleksak, founder of Bantam Bagels
- Lindsay Czarniak, sports broadcaster
- Emily Liebert, author
— will share some of the tough choices they’ve made balancing families and careers. And they’ll talk about what makes Westport special to them.
The food is on WestportMoms. There’s also a cash bar.
Attendees are asked to bring a package of diapers, for donation to the Diaper Bank of Connecticut.
It’s all a “celebration of being moms together.”
Save the date. Then book a babysitter.
Or better yet, tell your spouse to feed the kids that day.
(Click here for more information.)