Over 1,700 pizza lovers cast votes during last month’s Great Westport Pizza Contest.
Sponsored by the Westport Weston Chamber of Commerce, 14 restaurants competed in 7 categories.
When the votes were tallied, you chose:
- Best slice: Westport Pizzeria
- Best plain pizza: Westport Pizzeria
- Best meat pizza: Joe’s Pizza
- Best gluten-free pizza: Joe’s Pizza
- Best veggie pizza: Tutti’s Ristorante
- Best delivered pizza: Jordan’s Restaurant
- Best personal pizza: Rizzuto’s Restaurant and Toscano Pizzeria (tie)
- Honorable mention: Romanacci Pizza Bar and Planet Pizza lost by only 2 votes in the “Best personal pizza” and “Best delivered pizza” categories, respectively.
The victors did not get any dough — just the satisfaction of coming out on top (and free publicity).
Any way you slice it, the Great Westport Pizza Contest was a winner.