Last weekend, the United Methodist Church celebrated the 50th anniversary of its home on Weston Road.
“06880” recounted the history of the church. It’s been here, in one form or another, since 1790.
From 1850 to 1908, congregants gathered in a building at the corner of Myrtle Avenue and Main Street. A law office now occupies that site. This photo — from Seth Schachter’s postcard collection — shows that church.
Note the fence on the lower right, which still encloses what is now Veterans Green. And the hill on the left is where Town Hall sits. It was built as Bedford Elementary School in the 1920s.