Westport is filled with worthy fundraisers. Many include auctions, with residents offering the use of exotic 2nd homes, tickets to sold-out concerts and sports events, and plenty of other way-cool, 1%-type stuff.
I can’t publicize all these great events. If I did one, I’d have to do them all. Besides, “06880” is a blog, not a community calendar.
Well, here’s one fundraiser I’m happy to promote. Because “06880” is my blog.
And I’m the auctioneer.
But (I’m told), the big deal is the live auction.
I’ll pump up prices for:
- A sunset sail along the Sound in a classic sloop — restored and captained by Earthplace executive director Tony McDowell himself.
- VIP garage/pit passes to a NASCAR race — and an autographed helmet.
- Jam at a real gig with local legends the Vamp Kings.
- Tickets to “The King and I” on Broadway, with backstage passes and a tour led by Anna — Westport’s own Kelli O’Hara.
- A week at a luxury Cape Cod condo.
Those are fantastic items. I’ll have a great time selling them. You’ll definitely enjoy bidding on them.
But first you have to be there.
For more information — and tickets — to the Earthplace “Mother Nature’s Masquerade,” click here.