With the school calendar reeling under sustained blows from Mother Nature, the Board of Ed on Monday briefly debated making up lost time during the February break.
Nearby Monroe actually canceled this month’s vacation. Students whose parents demand they go to Killington or Aruba or wherever will be given “alternative school work” to do on vacation.
Westport deferred its decision. We’re actually in pretty good shape — helped in part by the superintendent’s decision to have a full day on Tuesday, a call that became genius when the predicted 6-10 inches of snow suddenly went poof!
We’re just 2 over the limit right now. But if we get another snow day or 3 — which at this point seems about as natural as the sun rising in the east — what should we do? Take days out of the April break? Extend the school year? Go on Saturdays? Do something else?
Click “Comments” to respond. Be constructive — not caustic. We’re in a new era of civility.
To go along with our new Buffalo-style winter.