I swore I wasn’t going to post any New Year’s Resolutions.
Then again, it’s not nice to swear.
So, in the year ahead “06880” will strive to:
- Go easy on Westport drivers. They are, after all, Very Important People, with perfectly understandable reasons to hurtle through town at warp speed while conducting Very Important Conversations on cell phones.
- Refrain from making snide comments about the Y’s on-again, off-again, on-again Camp Mahackeno dance. Unless something really snark-inducing happens.
- Hold my McMansion fire. People who live in condos shouldn’t throw stones.
- Be excruciatingly polite to readers who demand that, because I have just done a post on (to choose a purely hypothetical example) a new business in town, I have to write about their competing business too.
- Continue to seek out intriguing, dynamic, under-reported, fun, funny, heart-warming, heart-wrenching, offbeat, upbeat and generally cool story about Westport. And about Westporters, large and small.
- Especially small.
PS: These are just resolutions. It’s not like anyone expects me to keep them, right?