The Westport Downtown Association’s Sidewalk Sale — a staple of summer — returns this weekend.
The al fresco shopping — with bargains galore — begins this Friday (June 23). It continues Saturday and Sunday, with merchants throughout Main Street, Elm Street, Church Lane, Riverside Avenue, and in Sconset and Playhouse Squares.
Sidewalks will be lined with goods (and sales).
Back by popular demand, The Westport Downtown Association presents the return of the traditional, full weekend Sidewalk Sale, taking place June 23rd-25th with participating merchants throughout downtown Westport on Elm Street, Church Lane, Riverside Ave, Sconset Square and Playhouse Square and, of course, with Main Street’s sidewalks lined with sales for shoppers.
Click here, then scroll down for a full list of participating merchants. Meanwhile, here’s a list of special promotions:
- Athleta: Save up to 60% off
- Awesome Toys and Gifts: Save up to 50% off water tables, outdoor games, toys and more
- Bespoke Designs: 40-50% off selected items
- Bella Bridesmaids: Sample sale dresses starting at $50
- Birddogs: Free t-shirt with purchase of 2 pairs of pants and/or shorts; free hat or tumbler with a 3-pair purchase; free hoodie sweatshirt with 4 pairs; free gym bag with 5 pairs
- Blue & Cream: Up to 75% off
- Bobbles & Lace: Sale rack outside
- Courtgirl: Gift with purchase; 15% off regular prices
- Cloud Nine Designer Consignment: $20 shoe rack, while supplies last
- Enlightenments of Westport: Any sales over $25: complimentary palm reading; any sales over $50, tarot reading
- Fig Linens and Home: All in-store merchandise on sale; items up to 50% off
- Fred: Up to 75% off
- Great Stuff: Deep discounts on designer women’s clothing
- Honey Pie Children’s Boutique: Up to 40% off select items
- LIFT Wellness Group: 3-pack of counseling or dietary/nutrition sessions for $275
- Marine Layer: 20% off everything
- Naturino: 25% off 1 item
- Offline by Aerie: Up to 60% off
- Penfield Collective: Up to 70% off
- Scout and Molly: 30-75% off select merchandise
- Skin Laundry: Founding members membership price; free skincare with every sign-up; raffles for free laser facials
- Soleil Toile: Up to 70% off select designer swimwear and lingerie
- The Tailored Home: 20%-50% off all furniture; 50% off all pillows
- Vince: Additional 40% off sale merchandise
- Westport Book Shop: Selected books just $1; 3 for $5 beach reads
- Winfield Street Coffee: Free drip when you buy a bag of beans
- Winged Monkey: Sale markdowns $10-$50; storewide promotion on full-priced merchandise: 20% off
Also returning: The Westport Farmers’ Market’s great Young Shoots Photography Contest, for students ages 5-9, 10-14 and 15-18.
The 7th annual event — runs from the next Farmers Market (June 22) through August 3. Children and teenagers are invited to demonstrate their love for local food — and their creative photographic talents — to win age-group cash prizes, and a chance to attend an art class at MoCA Westport.
Local artists will judge. An exhibit at Gilbertie’s Herbs & Garden Center will showcase the winners.
The contest is sponsored by the Farmers’ Market, the Artists Collective of Westport, and the Drew Friedman Community Arts Center. Starting June 22 click here to submit, and for more details.
“Starstem” by Calista Finkelstein placed 1st in the 8-10 category, in 2016.
Johanna Keyser Rossi spotted this magnificent bald eagle — today’s “Westport … Naturally” feature — at Sherwood Island State park.
(Photo/Johanna Keyser Rossi)
And finally … today is Juneteenth. “06880” honors our newest national holiday, with these inspiring songs:
(“06880” is your hyper-local blog. Please click here to help support our work. Thank you!)