First Selectwoman Jen Tooker offers this COVID update:
We are fortunate in Westport that the expertise and experience of our health and administrative professionals is first-rate. Throughout the course of the pandemic, these individuals have played a vital role in keeping us informed and updated.
Westport’s COVID-19 Emergency Management Team continues to monitor and assess the trends and transmission rates in Westport, neighboring municipalities, the state and beyond. It is aware of the potential of strains of the virus such as Delta, as well as tracking the new Omicron variant, and the impact they may have on the community at large.
Like many cities and towns in Connecticut, Westport has seen a recent increase in the number of COVID cases. As of today, Westport remains in the “orange” category (10-14 cases per 100,000 population). It is crucial that we stay vigilant in avoiding the spread of the virus to those at risk.
Vaccinations and Boosters:
All individuals who are 5 years of age or older and live, work or attend school in Connecticut are eligible to receive the COVID-19 vaccine.
Health officials urge all who are able and eligible to get fully vaccinated, including receiving a booster shot, as soon as possible.
For more information on vaccinations and boosters, visit ct.gov/covidvaccine. For availability of local boosters, text your ZIPCode to 438829 (GETVAX).
Westport’s masking guidelines have not changed.
- Masks are not required to be worn by anyone.
- Vaccinated individuals are generally not required to wear masks.
- Unvaccinated individuals must continue to wear masks.
- Masks will still be required in healthcare facilities, facilities serving vulnerable populations, public and private transit, correctional facilities, schools (public and non-public, when students are present), and childcare facilities.
- Some businesses, state and local government offices, performance spaces, and certain events, may still require universal masking.
As always, cooperation, patience and understanding are appreciated when visiting Westport establishments and locations where mask requirements remain in effect or where some may choose to maintain a full mask policy for the health and safety of their staff and customers.
The Emergency Management Team continues its oversight of the pandemic and the effects it may have on the health and safety of all Westport residents, businesses and visitors.
Again, we urge all those who are eligible to get a booster.
Additional information is available on the WWHD website: www.WWHD.org.