Newport has a Christmas Stroll. So does Ridgefield.
Why not Westport?
Great idea! So “06880” (the blog) is sponsoring the first-ever Christmas Stroll for 06880 (the town).
The date is Saturday, December 11. From 4 to 7 p.m., downtown will be even more festive than usual.
Staples’ elite Orphenians will sing. Don Memo will provide hot drinks, at 2 locations.
There’s face painting for kids, and an ugly sweater contest for everyone.
Santa will hang out by Savvy + Grace. He’ll pose for photos with kids, who can also drop off self-addressed letters to him. They’ll be mailed back, with a personal note.
Merchants will offer special surprises from 4 to 7 p.m. during the Stroll too. Here are a few:
Among the special shopping offerings:
- 20% off at Allison Daniel Designs (Sconset Square) and WEST.
- Free topaz or pyrite crystal at Age of Reason.
- Something special from Franny’s Farmacy.
- Garlic knots at Joe’s Pizza.
- 10% of all purchases — plus 10% donated to Westport PAL — at Local to Market.
- Silk mask giveaway at Calico.
- Spend $150-$250, get 10% off. Spend $250-$500, get 15% off. Spend $500 or more, get 20% off at Kerri Rosenthal.
- Sorelle Gallery offers festive beverages to sip while browsing artwork, plus a giveaway. Sign up for their email list and select a free print, while supplies last.
- A free gift to children who stop by The Toy Post between 4 and 6 p.m. Saturday (they close at 6).
- Free skincare samples, beverages and a raffle prize (30-minute facial) at Organachs.
- Holiday treats and drinks; up to 30% off on select styles at Cotelac.
- Buy one, get 1/2 off of Whip Salon brand products
- 20% off all holiday items at Westport Book Shop.
- Adult holiday beverages and 10% off a full-price purchase to anyone mentioning the “06880” blog at Nic + Zoe.
- Hot chocolate at Le Rouge Chocolates, Rye Ridge Deli and Winfield Street Coffee.
- Hot chocolate and holiday treats at The Fred Shop.
- 1 free health and wellness coaching session from Dark Horse Health and Wellness (Playhouse Square; stop by or call 203-349-5597).
Every July, our “06880” blog party brings people together at Compo. But why wait a whole year? The Christmas Stroll is one more way to celebrate our wonderful community — online, and in person.
See you at The Stroll!