Please support “06880” — thanks!
Click here to help support “06880” via credit card or PayPal. Any amount is welcome, appreciated — and tax-deductible! Reader contributions keep this blog going. (Alternate methods: Please send a check to “06880”: PO Box 744, Westport, CT 06881. Or use Venmo: @blog06880. Or Zelle: email@example.com. Thanks!)
SUBSCRIBE TO '06880' BY EMAIL -- IT'S FREE!Join 12,875 other subscribers
SEARCH THE “06880” ARCHIVES
- Dave Eason on Pic Of The Day #2235
- Meth David on Pic Of The Day #2235
- Morley Boyd on Farmhouse Architecture: A Peek Behind The Windows
- Andrew Colabella on Roundup: PAL Theft, STG $$$, Save The Sound …
- Dan Woog on Roundup: PAL Theft, STG $$$, Save The Sound …
- Pic Of The Day #2235
- “06880” Podcast: Brian McGunagle
- [OPINION] Multi-Family Housing Bill: Many Questions, Few Answers
- Unsung Hero #287
- Roundup: PAL Theft, STG $$$, Save The Sound …
- Farmhouse Architecture: A Peek Behind The Windows
- Pic Of The Day #2234
- Remembering Paula Leonard
- “06880 On The Go”: Memorial Day Parade
- Roundup: Pride Celebrations, Rabbi Wall’s Invocation …
Bored? Wander through ‘06880’
- Friday Flashback
- Local business
- Local politics
- Looking back
- Photo Challenge
- Pic of the Day
- Question Box
- Real estate
- Staples HS
- Street Spotlight
- Totally random
- Unsung Heroes
- Westport Country Playhouse
- Westport life
- Celebrate Westport (town calendar)
- Dan Woog.com
- Finding Westport
- MoCA Westport
- Our Town Crier
- Photography in my Life (Katherine Hooper)
- Preserve Westport
- Prill Boyle’s Defying Gravity
- Westport Journal
- Westport Local Press
- Westport News
- Westport Weston Chamber of Commerce
Pic Of The Day #909
This entry was posted in Beach, Pic of the Day and tagged Compo Beach. Bookmark the permalink.
The sunsets are beautiful without question, I’m just surprised about the amount of people while watching a natural spectacle, they are sitting in their SUV’s and cars and let the engine idling.
Real nature lovers! It’s disgusting.
But how do you know their engines are idling? Or how do you know how long they’re even there?
Peter, I often go down there to see the sunsets, every time there is somebody sitting in the car watching the sunset and idling. In the beginning I started to knock on the windows to ask them if they could stop their engines, at one point I gave up.
Wow! Spectacular pic!
Beautiful picture.. Makes me homesick for Westport,growing up, many good
memories of walking Compo Beach..:-)