The 8th annual Maker Faire gallops into Westport this Saturday (April 27).
They show off what they’ve made, share what they’ve learned, and geek out with a few thousand other like-minded folks.
Over 100 makers have signed up already. They include:
- “Game of Drones” (sponsored by Sacred Heart University Engineering): flight simulators, plus drone building, training and programming
- “The Future is Now” (David Adam Realty): home automation, electric vehicles (and a live band)
- “STEM on Wheels” (University of Bridgeport): Connecticut’s first mobile laboratory bus, with robotics, coding, imaging systems and more
- “The Great Duck Project” (Westport Sunrise Rotary): Help build the world’s largest 3D printed duck!
- “Nerdy Derby” (Stanley Black & Decker): Build, decorate and race a custom car
- “Sustainable Pathways”: Hands-on activities and exhibits, geared to making sustainability part of daily life.
Makers will be joined by artists, musicians, stage performers, speakers, entrepreneurs — and of course food trucks.
(The Maker Faire takes place this Saturday, April 27, from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. on Veterans’ Green and in the Baldwin parking lot. Opening ceremonies take place at 10:45 a.m. Admission is free. For more information click here, email email@example.com, or call 203-226-1791.)