Shopping, dining and enjoying Westport just got more fun.
And a lot cheaper.
This morning, the “Local Love” card went live. Here’s the deep dive.
Beginning this Friday (November 30), and running through 2 weekends, stores and restaurants are offering great discounts. Over 100 retailers, salons, fitness studios and dining spots participate.
They’re downtown, in Saugatuck, and up and down the Post Road. The entire list is below; just scroll down.
But “Local Love” is a lot more than just a $40 coupon book. A portion of the sales will help build a playground near the new library.
Card holders can also enjoy special “Local Love” events at Terrain, Savannah Bee, FRED and more.
The campaign is the brainchild of WestportMoms, partnered with town officials, the Westport Downtown Merchants Association and Westport Weston Chamber of Commerce.
WestportMoms — aka Megan Rutstein and Melissa Post — have done yeowoman’s work to involve a wide variety of local businesses in “Local Love.” Most retailers offer 20% off. Spas and salons give 15% discounts; restaurants, 10%.
“Westport is special,” they say. “We need to keep this incredible town thriving. And there’s no better time to shop and dine than over the holidays.”
They’ve done all the groundwork. Now it’s your turn. Click here for your card. For more information, click here.
Participating “Local Love” businesses and restaurants
Appliances & Electronics
- Stanton Miles (Vacuums) – 20% off
- Westport Country Playhouse – $10 off tickets to The Pianist of Willesden Lane
Clothing & Accessories
- Anthropologie – 20% off (some brand exclusions apply)
- Athleta – 20% off purchase of one item
- Bella Bridesmaids – 20% off
- Brownstone – 20% off purchases over $200 (one-time use only). Not eligible on sale items
- Fred – 20% off; 10% off for members
- Groove – 20% off
- J. Crew – 20% off
- Joie – 20% off full-priced items
- Lesters – 20% off
- LF Stores – 20% gift card for every $250 you spend
- Lucy’s – 20% off
- Madewell – 20% off purchases over $100; 30% off purchases over $250
- Marine Layer – 20% off purchase over $300
- Millie Rae’s – 20% off one-time use
- Mitchell’s – 15% off (some brand exclusions apply)
- Pink Lemon Blue Lime – 20% off
- Quentin Row – 20% off men’s tailored made to order suits
- Saavy & Grace – 20% off of scarves
- Scout & Molly – 20% off
- Shoe INN – 20% off
- Soleil Toile – 20% off purchases over $150
- Southern Tide – 20% off
- Splash of Pink – 20% off
- Sunglass Hut – 20% off purchases over $100; 25% off purchase over $200
- Vineyard Vines – 20% off
- West – 20% off full-priced items
- Winged Monkey – 20% off
- Bar Method – 15% off a 10-pack or the New Client Special (or both)
- CST 50 – 20% off a 5-pack (one-time use)
- F45 Westport – 20% off Foundation Membership (normally $240); month-to month with no contract or commitment
- Gym Source (fitness equipment) – 20% off
- Joyride – 20% off a 10-pack
- Pinnacle Health & Fitness – 15% off training packages
- PureBarre – 20% off retail
- Upper Deck Fitness – 20% off training sessions and/or a 10-pack
Hair & Nails
- Amenity Nail & Spa – 20% off
- Annette DeCarlo (at Sola Studios) – 20% off OR an add-on glaze
- Blow Dry Westport – 15% off products and services
- Greg & Tony’s Salon – 15% off products and services
- Haus of Pretty – 20% off
- Milena Ivanov (at Sola Studios) – 20% off color and glaze (new customers only)
- Sharkey’s – 20% off retail products
- Steven Mancini – 15% off products and services
- Studio on Main – 15% off products and services; $90 for blow dry 3-pack
- W Hair & Color – 15% off services (one-time use)
- Westport Hair & Co – 15% off of blow outs
- WHIP Salon – 15% off products and services
Health, Beauty & Spa
- Avez Massage (at Sola Studios) – 15% off
- Dominique Rochelle Beauty (at Sola Studios) – 15% off
- European Wax – 15% off products and services
- Eyebrow Girl – 20% off
- Ideal Weight Loss – 15% off the first month’s supply of Ideal Protein meals at Ideal Weight Loss (“the Foodie’s Weight Loss program of choice”) if begin program by first week of January.
- Lotus Cosmetic Surgery Center – 15% off all services, including Botox, Filler and /or cosmetic surgery (some restrictions apply)
- Modern Dermatology – 15% off aesthetician services
- New Beauty & Wellness Spa – 15% off all services
- Restore Cryotherapy – 15% off all services
- Westport Dental Associates (teeth whitening) – $200 ZOOM Teeth Whitening (67% discount) and 40% off Quip Toothbrushes
- XO Skincare (at Sola Studios) – 15% off
Home Decor & Gifts
- Dovecote – 20% off
- Fig – 20% off
- Indulge by Mersene – 20% off one item
- Party Harty – 10% off
- She La La – 20% off winter gear, including cashmere
- Simple Elegance – 20% off
- Taylor Place – 20% off
- Tusk – 20% off select items (designated in store)
- Westport Library Pop-Up Shop – 20% off scarves and metal ornaments; 10% off everything else
- William-Sonoma – 20% off all William-Sonoma branded products
- Artemis Westport – 20% off
- Faye Kim Fine Jewelry – 20% off select items
- Lux Bond & Green – 10% off (20% off select items)
- Mitchell’s – 15% off (some brand exclusions apply)
- Noya – 10% off select jewelry items, and 20% of select accessories
- Choice Pet – 20% off
- Earth Animal – 20% off designer sweaters & coats for pups
Restaurants & Food Services
- 190 Main – 10% off
- A&S Food – 10% off
- Bagel Maven – 10% off
- Black Duck – 10% off
- The Cottage – 10% off of dinner
- Gold’s Deli – 10% off restaurant dining
- The Granola Bar – 10% off
- Green & Tonic – 10% off menu; 30% off detox cleanse
- Jersey Mike’s – 10% off
- Jesup Hall – 10% off OR FREE Happy Hour drink Tuesday-Friday, 5-630pm
- Layla’s Falafel – 10% off
- Little Barn – 10% off
- Little Kitchen – 10% off
- Match Burger Lobster – 10% off food
- MEAT – 10% off
- OKO – 20% off lunch
- Organic Market – 10% off
- The Pearl – 10% off
- Le Penguin – 10% off (excluding dinner Friday and Saturday)
- Planet Pizza – 10% off
- Rizzuto’s – 10% off
- Rye Ridge Deli – 15% off
- The Spotted Horse – 10% off
- Stiles Market – 10% off butcher and deli only
- Tarry Lodge – 10% off
- Tavern on Main – 10% off
- Terrain – S’mores and Popcorn by the fireplace on 12/1 and 12/8
- Westport Pizza – 10% off
- Winfield Street & Deli – 10% off
- ASF Sports and Outdoors – 20% off footwear
- Downunder – 20% off
- Olympia Sports – 20% off
- Ski & Sport – 20% off one-time purchase (excluding Bogner and sale items)
- Sports Attic – 20% off sports merchandise
- Age of Reason – 20% off
Wine & Liquor
- Country Liquors – 10% off
Now, if that 20% were not DISCOUNTED but, rather, donated by the store to the homeless shelter or some other eleemosynary, THAT would be truly up lifting. As it is, it’s just a lot of hard work done by two energetic ladies to benefit shoppers in one of the richest towns in America.
Don’t sell this town short. Westporters donate to MANY causes. They will continue to, probably with some of the money they save. And Westport businesses are always asked to help, and almost always do.
No “selling short” intended; just sayin’.
Agreed. And only a “portion” goes towards the playground while our middle schools are in crisis . Westporters DO donate, that is why the way the fundraiser is structured matters.
Sounds great. Very similar to the Locals for Locals discounts program we did many years ago. A large group of businesses got together and created a Passport with special offers. We were in Westport News, online and in stores all over. This looks even bigger. I have Some great photos of business owners coming together.
What a terrific way to encourage Westporters to shop & eat locally during the holiday season. Nice job bringing so many different local vendors together, Megan & Melissa!
100% agree Danielle! This is a fantastic endeavor. I bought my ticket today. I can’t wait to continue to support our local business’s. AND a huge thank you to Megan & Melissa for continuing to make Westport a wonderful place to live and for all their hard work along the way!
What is the proportion of the proceeds which will go to the playground?
What happens if a playground is not approved? Where will the money go? And where are the rest of the proceeds going?
Although the concept of the discounts is admirable, I would like a little clarity? Is this “for profit” or a “non-profit”? What percent of the proceeds goes toward the playground?
Also, The Westport Library Pop-Up Store is now open at 31 Church Lane – and is participating in the Local Love Card initiative, offering 20% off scarves and metal ornaments – and 10% off everything else! Please stop by!
I wonder what the P&Z would have to say about the playground proposal, were to be presented to them for an approval?