The town clerk’s office will be open this Saturday (November 3, 9 a.m. to noon, Town Hall room 105). These special hours will accommodate voters applying for an absentee ballot to vote in the November 6 election.
Absentee ballots are also available at the town clerk’s office Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. (through Monday, November 5). Ballots must be returned to the town clerk’s office no later than 8 p.m. on Tuesday, November 6.
Registered electors may vote by absentee ballot for the following reasons:
- Active service in the armed forces of the United States
- Illness or physical disability
- Religious tenets that forbid secular activity on the day of the election
- Duties as an election official at the polling place other than their own during all of the hours of voting.
- Absence from the town during all of the hours of voting.