David Adipietro Helps California Rise

The day after devastating fires swept through Napa Valley, David Adipietro was upset.

The Staples High School junior had friends in Calistoga. Over the summer, he visited them. The house he stayed in had burned to the ground.

David’s classmates in Carla Eichler’s Advanced Design class were working on a travel poster project.

David Adipietro, at work in Carla Eichler’s Advanced Design class.

He scrapped his initial plan, which included photos he’d taken in northern California. By the end of the class period, he’d transformed his concept into a fundraising campaign.

Within days, he’d created a website. He posted his designs. The theme is simple: “Let’s Rise from the Ashes.”

His photos are available for sale on the site, as downloads. David is donating 90% of the proceeds to charities in California. The remaining 10% covers his costs.

A Yosemite poster available on David Adipietro’s website.

Eichler’s Advanced Design class is great. It appeals to clever, creative students.

And, apparently, to at least one very caring and compassionate teenager.

(Click here for David Adipietro’s “California, Let’s Rise” website.)

One response to “David Adipietro Helps California Rise

  1. Patricia Driscoll

    David, Very kind, creative and thoughtful of you. We lost our home in the fire that started in Calistoga.

Commenters must fill out their real full names, and provide their real email addresses.

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s