The rich are different from you and me.
The rich have 6 washers and dryers.
At least, Phil Donohue and Marlo Thomas do.
Their Beachside Avenue property is on the market.
For a mere $27.5 million, you get:
- Welcoming gates and a long drive
- A 3-bedroom, 3-full and 2-half-bath Nantucket-style home with expansive water views
- A separate 2-bedroom guest wing with a bath and private entrance
- Another building on a pond, with a fully equipped gym and “hand-crafted, tropical-designed sauna”
- A screened gazebo for “complete peaceful relaxation and bird watching”
- Environmentally friendly features, ensuring “the least waterfront maintenance possible”
- Sophisticated geo-thermal heating, a/c, electric, security and drainage systems “engineered toward the future”
- Mahogany-framed, “wind-tested” windows.
Oh yeah. And 6 washer-dryers.
Two cops were on hand today, directing brokers to areas of the estate they could and could not see.
It was all very hush-hush. Unless, of course, you had to shout to be heard over all those washers and dryers.