YouTube’s most popular videos are about cats. Sex, impending death and aliens (plus, this week, Anthony Weiner) sell supermarket tabloids.
And stories on rude Westporters are a surefire hit on “06880.”
Here is one reader’s list of things that really frost his butt. They’re pretty specific, so I assume they actually happen — seemingly, with regularity — to him.
He listed them #1-8, though he did not indicate whether 1 was the absolute worst, or merely the 8th most rude.
Without further ado, you are rude in Westport if you:
- Steal your neighbor’s newspaper every morning because you know he takes a later train.
- Think the most expensive car at a 4-way stop has the right of way.
- Have 15 items in the Stop & Shop express lane, and tell everyone behind you that the cashier said it was okay.
- Program your computer at work to flood the Longshore automated golf tee time program so you can get a good time for Saturday morning.
- Fake like you’re picking up your dog’s poop at Compo Beach, but instead just kick sand over it.
- Bike 3-across on Cross Highway and yell obscenities at anyone who beeps their horn at you.
- Think the crosswalks downtown, with the little green men, are only for after-school field trips.
- Discuss your weekend trip to Nantucket on your cell phone while checking out with 4 people behind you.
I’m sure alert “06880” readers can add to the list. Click “Comments” to send your top “rude” peeve. Or top 10.