Today was Service Sunday for SLOBS — or, to spell it out, Staples Service League of Boys.
Over 150 club members and their parents worked on community service projects at 8 locations around Westport (and 1 yesterday). They:
- Painted equipment at Compo Beach Skate Park
- Moved and spread 22 tons of sand and 15 tons of gravel at Earthplace
- Performed a variety of tasks at Wakeman Town Farm
- Did spring cleaning at the Westport Historical Society barn and grounds
- Painted, landscaped, planted and did heavy-duty cleaning at the ABC House, Project Return, Gillespie Center, Bacharach Houses and Saugatuck Apartments.
Kids these days…
PS: Big props to Westport Pizzeria, Elvira’s, Angelina’s and Planet Pizza for keeping everyone hydrated and well fed.