“Foodshed” sounds like a word from the Onion (ho ho).
“Decavore” could come from a New York Times crossword puzzle (probably a Saturday).
Panelists include local food experts Sal Gilbertie, Amy Kalafa, Dina Brewster and Sherri Brooks-Vinton. Dan Levinson, co-founder and chairman of the Green Village Initiative, will moderate.
Among the topics:
- What is the local food movement?
- Why is it important? What are its goals?
- Is there an “enemy” of it? If so, who?
- Are people doing this because they love it, or because they want to survive?
- Is Westport ahead of or behind the rest of the country and world?
- How did we get here?
- What’s better: local or organic?
- Is there enough food?
- How much food can be grown from a small garden?
- What might this look like in 10 years?
The press release did not indicate whether food — organic, decavorous or from a foodshed — would be served.