Help Wanted!

You know all those town boards you kind of, sort of, occasionally half think about?

Like the Flood and Erosion Control Board, Historic District Commission, Parks and Recreation Commission, Public Site and Building Commission, Sherwood Mill Pond Advisory Committee and Tree Board?

Well, they don’t just fall out of the sky and control floods, oversee teardowns and keep the mill pond algae-free.

People do that. People like committee members.

If you’re on the Tree Board, you can help determine the future look of Main Street.

And right now, First Selectman Gordon Joseloff is looking for people to appoint to those boards. (And others, though the press release I’m about to quote from did not name them.)

“Nothing is more fulfilling than being able to serve our community as a volunteer,” Joseloff said. (That gives you some indication of how much you’ll get paid.)

“Hundreds of Westporters already give their time in so many ways to the town, but there is always a need for new faces.”

Terms range from 1 to 4 years. Some are for regular members; others are for alternates.

Details about the various bodies can be found here.

And hey. If you don’t find a board or commission that excites you, you can always run for 1st selectman. There’s a vacancy there soon, too.

Exit mobile version